With several areas to clean or check, gas fireplaces are often a bit too complex for the average homeowner to maintain. It’s easy to forget to check something, or fail to remember to maintain your gas fireplace at all unless it stops working.
Chimcare does far more than just chimney sweeping for wood-burning fireplaces; our team also includes professional Gas Fireplace Service technicians to service gas fireplaces in Oregon, Washington or Ohio. All Chimcare technicians are certified by the National Fireplace Institute (NFI), and can service most gas, wood and pellet stoves.
Our fireplace service includes an inspection report, cleaning and diagnostic of your gas fireplace unit. The manufacturers of gas fireplaces recommend a yearly tune-up for your gas appliance in order to ensure safe operations and top efficiency with function. As part of our safety inspection, we are looking in the following areas*:
- Adjust and clean pilot igniter
- Clean and adjust the unit’s burner settings
- Clean front glass of unit
- Clean and reposition fireplace logs
- Check seals for safety and proper fit
- Clean heat exchange
- Check all millivolt connections
- Adjust gas valve pressure
- Clean fireplace and burn areas
- Adjust pilot light
- Check for C/O leaks within unit
- Replace ember bedding (vermiculite & rock wool mixture and possible sand)
- Adjust thermopile and thermocouple alignment
*Please note that some fireplace units do not include all of the above.
We also sell and install new fireplace log sets along with gas inserts, if desired. Call today to have our licensed gas fireplace technician come service all of your gas fireplace needs.